Continuing our ‘Get Modern with Microsoft 365’ journey, we have chosen to focus on two key applications that are perfect for enhancing productivity, collaboration and document management.
SharePoint Online & OneDrive For Business
SharePoint Online is a collection of cloud and web-based technologies that makes it easy for businesses to create, share, and collaborate more effectively. SharePoint has evolved significantly since it was first introduced. In a nutshell, it’s a web-based platform designed to enhance collaboration through cloud storage, file management and data sharing.
The collaboration features within SharePoint Online can be used to:
- Publish team sites
- Share and sync files
- Work together on documents at the same time
- Always work on the current version of a file – you won’t get out of sync if someone else has changed a document
- Assign tasks and automate reminders
- Track deliverables
- Securely access files from anywhere with an internet connection
- Work on mobile devices
With a variety of additional benefits built it through Microsoft 365, apps can be added easily to help you achieve more. These include:
- Shared calendars
- Photo libraries
- Wiki libraries
- Issue tracking
- Workflows for Office 365
- Discussion boards
OneDrive for Business allows users to easily and securely store and access their own files from any device whilst protecting work through advanced encryption. It connects you to your personal and shared files in Microsoft 365, enhancing collaboration capabilities within Microsoft 365 apps. With OneDrive on the web, desktop, or mobile, you can access all your personal files plus the files shared with you from other people or teams, including files from Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
- Files On-Demand
- Modern attachments
- Real-time team collaboration: Co-authoring in full versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Seamlessly connecting files to conversations
- Intelligent discovery with OneDrive Discover view
- Restore files easily
- Data loss prevention (DLP)
- Auditing and reporting
- Data encryption
Please register here for our next webinar on Thursday 8th October 2020 at 11am. We’ll be covering these applications in more detail and show you how they work in practice.