IT news – BT to stop taking orders for ISDN lines in 2020
This is the end for traditional ISDN lines… BT have confirmed they will stop taking orders for ISDN lines by 2020 – the time to switch to hosted voice is now!
…but why are BT doing this? The answer is that online-based phone systems, or in other words voice over IP (VoIP) are far more efficient and flexible than the old-style fixed lines that are commonplace in many offices.
Switching to VoIP is easy and can deliver the following benefits:
VoIP telephone systems are hosted in the cloud rather than in your office, and are far more flexible and efficient than ISDN by providing:
- For a start your IT department will thank you – VoIP systems will remove time-draining and unnecessary maintenance from their workload, freeing them up to focus on projects that can make a difference to your business.
- Calls that are made over IP (the internet), and typically these are free and almost always less costly than over a traditional landline.
- Complete control of your company’s communications network via a simple interface – create new users, assign numbers, manage devices and more.
- Users with the ability to keep the same number, regardless of physical location.
- No costly maintenance often associated with traditional phone networks.
- Employees with access to a wide and growing range of smart call features – such as team conference calling, screensharing, instant messaging and more.
VoIP is one part of Dynamic Edge’s suite of cloud solutions – which also includes the likes of Microsoft Office 365, Azure, Google and Amazon S3. Smart businesses are already realising the benefits of migrating their wider IT systems into the cloud.
Dynamic Edge have already completed more than 50 ISDN to VoIP migrations, and hundreds more moves into the cloud. Contact us today, and we’ll offer you free VoIP handsets as part of your transition.