Monday 23rd March 2020 and the PM announces UK lockdown … did your business invoke its business continuity plan? Does it have one?
But what about your personal continuity plan … even Google does not give us anything concrete when we search on this topic.
We would never need something like that, would we?
I am sure we all know what we’d do in the event of ‘disaster’ with particular regard to family, work, finances, our home, …?
I am not convinced we would, and I will be the first to admit I’ve had a number of sleepless nights running through ‘what-if’ scenarios to all four of the above.
The events over the last couple of months has made us all think about our Plan B, C & D!
Here are some useful pointers to help you to start preparing your personal continuity plan:
- Create a document somewhere safe (e.g. iCloud, OneDrive, Google Docs) and let your nearest and dearest know where and what it is.
- Start with the important four as headers – family, work, finance, home. Add others that are relevant to you.
- Add useful contacts for each.
- Detail locations of important documents.
- Remember if something happens to you, this could be invaluable to your family at a very stressful time.
- Review and update your plan frequently.
Unless you are on the front line or a key worker, it is quite likely you have a little bit more time on your hands just now.
Why not start to prepare for the unexpected now?
CEO – Dynamic Edge and Tekkers IT